Installing on laptop

• @user2684

Working on the raspi as hotspot leads to using the web browser directly on the raspi. This leads to performance issues.

Instead of investing in better single board stuff I like to install eGeoffrey on my laptop running Linux Mint.

Installation is done but when starting eGeoffrey I get the error message:

ellard@machinist:~/egeoffrey$ sudo egeoffrey-cli start
    [sudo] password for ellard:         
    egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gui_1 is up-to-date
    egeoffrey_egeoffrey-database_1 is up-to-date
    Starting egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gateway_1 ... 
    Starting egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gateway_1 ... error

ERROR: for egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gateway_1  Cannot start service egeoffrey-gateway: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gateway_1 (00568c8bf9fd4dfb049f3a9e275076617635f529ac7814e0cc182d5d3a1d6891): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:1883: bind: address already in use

ERROR: for egeoffrey-gateway  Cannot start service egeoffrey-gateway: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gateway_1 (00568c8bf9fd4dfb049f3a9e275076617635f529ac7814e0cc182d5d3a1d6891): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:1883: bind: address already in use
    ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
    ellard@machinist:~/egeoffrey$

Your advice please

• @user2684

The performance issue of the raspi was related to allocation of to little memory to the GPU.

For the time being I am trying to bring the hotspot alive on the raspi.

• The error message is saying port 1883 is already in use so cannot start, maybe you are already running something else on that port?

• @user2684

Yes that is the reason.
    First I will explore the raspi track. If that succeeds it is fine with me. Otherwise I have to revert to the laptop.

What I am aiming for is a as minimalistic set-up as possible. On a Raspi eGeoffrey with a hotspot. The sensor/actuator modules on ESP8266 in a Esp8266MQTT mesh network.

It should be possible to get it working.

Until now at some point in time it is not possible to get access with a browser via the hotspot after logging in into the hotspot.
    This issue I have to explore to find out what causes this.

If it turns that there is no other way than accessing eGeoffrey via a browser on the machine running the hotspot and eGeoffrey then I will switch to the laptop track.