Problem with a rule

• I am testing if a solar power bank can be used to power an esp8266 based module.

I have the module send time in seconds, minute, hour and a count of days.

Receiving and displaying in eGeoffrey is working OK.

To see if someway the esp8266 module had temporarily no power I would like to display the same time elements in separate widgets.

Those widgets I want to set with separate rules.

sec_store.jpg

This rule is not running.

The error message is:

[2020-09-27 10:48:01][controller/hub] ERROR: [clck/slr/sec] Unable to normalize second: Traceback (most recent call last):|  File "controller/hub.py", line 163, in save_value|    message.set("value", sdk.python.utils.numbers.normalize(message.get("value"), sensor["format"]))|  File "sdk/python/utils/numbers.py", line 24, in normalize|    elif format == "int": return int(float(value))|ValueError: could not convert string to float: second|

The data format in the sensor is set to integer.

Your advice please.

• @user2684

Every now and than one tends to re-invent the wheel. And I think this is such an occasion.

What I am looking for is a way to detect when the solar power bank fails. And just for such an occasion the heartbeat was introduced.

So the issue as such is solved. But if you know a way to solve what I wanted to do with this rule without changing anything in eGeoffrey I would appreciate to know the solution.

To rephrase my question:
    how can I copy the content of a widget into an other sensor which is used as location to store that value?

• @eporocrail said in Problem with a rule:

The data format in the sensor is set to integer.

Looks like you are trying to save into the sensor "clck/slr/sec" which is of type int the string "second"

how can I copy the content of a widget into an other sensor which is used as location to store that value?

Isn't the input widget doing this job?