Changing sensor name

• @user2684

I tried to change the name of sensors with the advanced editor.

After closing and opening the webpage the old pages where still there.

I tried to select the error message in the "log" window. Selection was not possible. Block turned light blue but reverted back to "un-selected".
    Made a screen shot:

errormessage.jpg

Your advice please.

• @user2684

Stopped and started eGeoffrey again. The website was open. Starting MQTT did not terminate. Could not SSH the raspi.
    Pulled the plug and inserted again.

Checked eGeoffrey status. All up and running.

Did a sensor rename. Was OK in the log.
    The old sensor was gone but no new sensor.

Closed webpage and opened again. Same situation.

• @user2684

Closed webpage. Stopped eGeoffrey. Started eGeoffrey. Starting OK. Status OK

No old sensor, no new sensor.

I suppose it is up to you.
    Going to delete the old sensors and create the new ones.

• @user2684

In advanced editor tried to make new sensor with info copied.
    Created new file.
    Pasted content. Gave it name.
    Saved.
    Gone.
    Nothing weird in log.

Nothing left as deleting in advanced editor and create new ones via GUI.

• @user2684

Renaming pages does not work either.

• @eporocrail said in Changing sensor name:

I tried to change the name of sensors with the advanced editor.

Wonder if the problem is with the new name. The advanced editor has no clue if editing a sensor or a page so you need to follow the naming convention. When click on rename for a sensor you get something like "Give sensors/sensor_id a new name" so you need to provide something like "sensors/new_sensor_id" with the "sensors/" prefix. Same with "pages". Otherwise the file is saved in the wrong place. At least for me this has worked out.

Instead of changing the advanced editor behaviour, I would rather prefer adding a "rename" action in "sensors", "rules" pages (https://github.com/egeoffrey/egeoffrey-gui/issues/69).

I tried to select the error message in the "log" window. Selection was not possible. Block turned light blue but reverted back to "un-selected".
    Made a screen shot:

This error message is the first time I see it and is unrelated to this issue. Wonder if you have any more detailed error message available into "data/egeoffrey/logs" I can investigate

• @user2684

In advanced editor I managed to change the complete menu structure with its content.
    The first sensor and widgets on page are changed also.

I guess I do now grasp the way to use the advanced editor for this kind of work.

Thanks.