My burglary alarm system

• @eporocrail said in My burglary alarm system:

During development it showed to be not feasible to create a somewhat "realtime" behaviour. The system requires time to generate, transport, process, distribute and display information. For this reason it is not worthwhile to present the heartbeat on a secondary display.

I'm interested in this. Theoretically when a new measure is saved to a sensor, this is broadcasted to the bus and everything (including the GUI should refresh it. Of course it may take 1-2 seconds for the process to complete. Are you looking at something under this timeframe?

It is fun! 🙂

You are really making your system more and more advanced day after day, congrats!

• @user2684

I'm interested in this. Theoretically when a new measure is saved to a sensor, this is broadcasted to the bus and everything (including the GUI should refresh it. Of course it may take 1-2 seconds for the process to complete. Are you looking at something under this timeframe?

When I am interested seeing the heartbeat coming in I take a web browser. That works great. The duration of the heartbeat pulse is half a second and is displayed correctly. So no issue here with any kind of delay.

But taking that same pulse and pass it through to the secondary TFT display takes too much time. But again, no issue.

• Some pictures. At the moment only past and copy works to present pictures and only one in each message.

8e0b5133-4a19-4b5a-9263-0da19009ab43-display-1.jpg display-1.jpg

• 6ab7a66c-fec6-4b9e-9b38-2a6780a90042-display-2.jpg display-2.jpg

• 24f5edec-74db-4ec7-b65d-cfd536353549-display-3.jpg display-3.jpg

• And the IR receiver:

d9a6bbc8-8c56-4b4f-aa23-5fc0f2279216-display-4.jpg display-4.jpg

• To come to a conclusion slowly here is a screenshot of one of the rules used to forward weather data to the display:
    84c11301-31bb-405c-acea-40250920add3-Rule.jpg
    Rule.jpg

Have Fun!

• @eporocrail said in My burglary alarm system:

But taking that same pulse and pass it through to the secondary TFT display takes too much time. But again, no issue.

Ok, understand! Just wanted to be sure with the browser the behaviour was the one expected.

Some pictures. At the moment only past and copy works to present pictures and only one in each message.

Amazing! thanks for sharing the pictures, really interesting project!

• I am adding the last feature to the alarm system.

It is a tamper alarm

Where we live each house has a small closet inside the house near the front-door which contains i.a the electricity circuit breakers. To prevent that power is switched off un-noticed the door needs to be equipped with a tamper alarm.

A module with a hall sensor is mounted to the door frame. A small strong magnet is mounted on the door. When the door is closed, everything is OK. As soon as the door is opened, a trigger is sent to eGeoffrey. According to the arming state eGeoffrey sends an alert to the siren. The siren does its job loud and clear. Because the siren is battery powered, interrupting the power supply will not turn off the siren.

When this feature is working and the integration of the IR remote control is completed, the system should be complete.

Have fun!

• The tamper alarm is working. I had a WiFi coverage issue. But with an access point which was laying around the solution was available.

Now only the IR remote control integration is left.