My burglary alarm system

• @eporocrail said in My burglary alarm system:

Am I understanding you correctly saying that in a condition only constants and variables can be used?

That's correct.

The schedule problem is solved.

Great!

• I received the hardware I was waiting for.

In prototype I integrated the IR remote controller of my Philips TV (protocol R6).

All buttons are decoded correctly.

Now I have to incorporate this software into my UI module software to be able to scroll trough the info pages.

• Combining the IR receiver and the display on one ESP8266 module does not work.

Therefor I changed the set-up and created an IR receiver which transmits an MQTT message with the key number of the key which has been pressed.
    That is working correctly.

That means that every device controlled by eGeoffrey I can now control with a TV IR remote control.

• The concept proofed to be working.

I can scroll through the info pages of the display module by pressing keys on the remote control.

🙂

I can scroll through the info pages of the display module by pressing keys on the remote control.

Lovely! Very good initiative!

• I gained some experience with the display system. I also developed some further thoughts about it. I like to share this progress.

During development it showed to be not feasible to create a somewhat "realtime" behaviour. The system requires time to generate, transport, process, distribute and display information. For this reason it is not worthwhile to present the heartbeat on a secondary display.

Presentation

On the display data are presented on different pages.

Where possible the grouped data are presented on the same page.
    To scroll through the pages an IR remote control is used. To facilitate scrolling a menu page is displayed.
    Booting the display module requires some time. During booting a boot page is presented.
    To prevent the display burns in the display is switched on/off with the remote control.
    To signal that attention of the user is required, the display is switched on showing the data requiring attention.
    For the alarm system a beeper is signalling an alarm. The display blinker becomes red.

Each page has text and data.
    The text is presented ad page request.
    At page request data are presented from memory.

The data displayed are refreshed every ten seconds from memory.

The data in memory are refreshed every ten minutes. The display module requests a data update.

The alarm data are refreshed on change. Also the display blinker changes to red. The beeper is activated.

Data in memory

Each ten minutes the display module sends a page data request for each page to eGeoffrey.
    eGeoffrey sends the data of the requested page to the display module. The requests are originated in a sequence of requests per page. Some delay between requests proved necessary to give eGeoffrey time to process the requests. The delay is about 2 seconds.

Page request topic:

out/+/display/page/request

Page request:

Weather Internet : 11
    Weather Local: 12
    Surveillance Alarm: 21
    Surveillance Arming: 22
    Control Online: 31

Data display

During boot time the boot page is shown. The display blinker is green.
    After booting the menu is presented.
    In general a page is visible during an adjustable display period.
    During this period the data displayed are refreshed from memory every 10 seconds.
    When the display time is reached, the display is blanked. Data are no longer refreshed.
    When a page request is received that page is displayed and the loop is closed.

When alarm data enter the display module, the alarm page is shown. The display blinker turns red. The beeper is activated. The page is not blanked after the display period.

The beeper is silenced by pushing the "green" button on the remote control.

The alarm system siren is silenced by pushing the "red" button on the remote control.

• During boot time the data are requested from eGeoffrey for the first time. For each display page the data are requested separately. To come to a stable system between the requests a waiting period of 2500 mSec is applied. This assures that eGeoffrey has enough time to process the rule and transmit all data.

To prevent eGeoffrey from sending the same info multiple times, after 750 mSec after a page request a request for data for page "0" is sent. This "resets" the receiving eGeoffrey sensor.

• The software of the display module is nearing the end of the prototype phase.

It behaves as follows:

During boot time a boot screen is displayed. One of the last booting tasks is requesting the data from eGeoffrey. Per page data are received with an interval of 1500 mSec between the requests. 150mSec after a page data request, a request for page "0" is sent. This procedure proved to ensure that data are requested and received properly.

When finished booting the main menu is shown.

With the IR remote control each of the 5 data pages can be selected directly by pressing a number key or one can scroll through the pages using the "<" and ">" keys on the remote.

The main menu can be selected by the "0" key or the "display" key.

Data are refreshed after an adjustable period of time (minutes).
    The data of the page which is displayed are refreshed after a separate period of time (seconds).

The display will blank after an adjustable period of time (minutes).

Then data are still refreshed, pages are not.

When a page is selected with the remote, that page is displayed again.

In the top left corner of the display a "*" is blinking green.
    When an alarm is received (in this case one of two) the asterisk gets red. Also the alarm page is displayed.

It is fun! 🙂

During development it showed to be not feasible to create a somewhat "realtime" behaviour. The system requires time to generate, transport, process, distribute and display information. For this reason it is not worthwhile to present the heartbeat on a secondary display.

I'm interested in this. Theoretically when a new measure is saved to a sensor, this is broadcasted to the bus and everything (including the GUI should refresh it. Of course it may take 1-2 seconds for the process to complete. Are you looking at something under this timeframe?

It is fun! 🙂

You are really making your system more and more advanced day after day, congrats!

• @user2684

I'm interested in this. Theoretically when a new measure is saved to a sensor, this is broadcasted to the bus and everything (including the GUI should refresh it. Of course it may take 1-2 seconds for the process to complete. Are you looking at something under this timeframe?

When I am interested seeing the heartbeat coming in I take a web browser. That works great. The duration of the heartbeat pulse is half a second and is displayed correctly. So no issue here with any kind of delay.

But taking that same pulse and pass it through to the secondary TFT display takes too much time. But again, no issue.

• Some pictures. At the moment only past and copy works to present pictures and only one in each message.

8e0b5133-4a19-4b5a-9263-0da19009ab43-display-1.jpg display-1.jpg

• 6ab7a66c-fec6-4b9e-9b38-2a6780a90042-display-2.jpg display-2.jpg

• 24f5edec-74db-4ec7-b65d-cfd536353549-display-3.jpg display-3.jpg

• And the IR receiver:

d9a6bbc8-8c56-4b4f-aa23-5fc0f2279216-display-4.jpg display-4.jpg

• To come to a conclusion slowly here is a screenshot of one of the rules used to forward weather data to the display:
    84c11301-31bb-405c-acea-40250920add3-Rule.jpg
    Rule.jpg

Have Fun!

But taking that same pulse and pass it through to the secondary TFT display takes too much time. But again, no issue.

Ok, understand! Just wanted to be sure with the browser the behaviour was the one expected.

Some pictures. At the moment only past and copy works to present pictures and only one in each message.

Amazing! thanks for sharing the pictures, really interesting project!