New versions of egeoffrey-controller and egeoffrey-gui

• Just published the updated versions of egeoffrey-controller (v1.2-1) and egeoffrey-gui (v1.2-1). You should now have the following new capabilities:

• Ability to set a maximum number of notifications per rule. In the rule configuration, there is a new "Suppress" tab with the hourly rate limit. When set, if the rule triggers more than the provided value in the same hour (from :00 to :59), the rule will not generate any notification (including any entry in the notification table). Requires egeoffrey-gui v1.2-1.
    • ELAPSED now returns the elapsed in seconds, no more in minutes. When used in a rule variable, the special function ELAPSED returns the elapsed since the last value in seconds, no more in minutes. This allows additional flexibility in your rules and for anybody needing minutes, just multiple the seconds by 60. The upgrade does not change any configured rule so you should go back where you used ELAPSED and change the value accordingly.
    • Streamlined multi-house support: when logging in and selecting the "Remember Me" checkbox now makes your browser remembering the connection (e.g. the combination of username, house id, gateway and port). Saved connections can be loaded from the newly introduced dropdown select at the top of the login screen. Once logged in, in the top of the screen just aside the name of the house, a new dropdown menu allows to select one of the previously saved connection for fast-switching into it. To delete a saved connection, just uncheck "Remember Me" and click login
    • Configured scheduled is displayed in rule list: when going to "House" / "Rules" a new column showing the configured schedule is displayed
    • Remember last-opened page is now optional: by default the gui remember the last opened page so when visiting back eGeoffrey, it will just open. This is now optional, can be configured in the "Advanced" section of the login screen and the gui keeps track of this setting when a connection is saved

As usual, to upgrade the packages just run:
    sudo egeoffrey-cli update
    and to start the newly updated packages run:
    sudo egeoffrey-cli start

If for any reason you want to keep running the previous versions of those packages, bind those packages to v1.1. In this way the update routine will ignore new versions.

• @user2684

On the "local" raspi everything updated OK. ELAPSED is working. Suppress after number is working OK.

On the remote the update gets stuck somewhere.
    I did the update but the webpage was saying that new versions are available.
    On the "local" after "update" and "start" I solved that one by "stop" and "start". So I tried the same on the "remote". The results of the terminal window are hare:

pi@raspberrypi:~/egeoffrey $ sudo egeoffrey-cli update
    Pulling egeoffrey-gui (egeoffrey/egeoffrey-gui:master-arm32v6)...
    master-arm32v6: Pulling from egeoffrey/egeoffrey-gui
    Digest: sha256:a03f4755f6987b4ed2acd843e59af1cbf94ed50baa5d1142e1328a132bde61f6
    Status: Image is up to date for egeoffrey/egeoffrey-gui:master-arm32v6
    Pulling egeoffrey-database (egeoffrey/egeoffrey-database:master-arm32v6)...
    master-arm32v6: Pulling from egeoffrey/egeoffrey-database
    Digest: sha256:8ef154896b43d9a3f83f28ead02f483df7f0b3e8a9c184f84c6136eaf516b05c
    Status: Image is up to date for egeoffrey/egeoffrey-database:master-arm32v6
    Pulling egeoffrey-controller (egeoffrey/egeoffrey-controller:master-arm32v6)...
    master-arm32v6: Pulling from egeoffrey/egeoffrey-controller
    Digest: sha256:e2a1ea932d90a5af266af7c4cd36c6d6d74315a51b67ccdf7312c6bf84c61bb4
    Status: Image is up to date for egeoffrey/egeoffrey-controller:master-arm32v6
    Pulling egeoffrey-service-fcc_weather (egeoffrey/egeoffrey-service-fcc_weather:master-arm32v6)...
    master-arm32v6: Pulling from egeoffrey/egeoffrey-service-fcc_weather
    Digest: sha256:a540b0c364df2412c2717f2564768ac9e8d8b0061c6193d48acd5115af148336
    Status: Image is up to date for egeoffrey/egeoffrey-service-fcc_weather:master-arm32v6
    Pulling egeoffrey-notification-mobile (egeoffrey/egeoffrey-notification-mobile:master-arm32v6)...
    master-arm32v6: Pulling from egeoffrey/egeoffrey-notification-mobile
    Digest: sha256:3e20669f8c3c739fe0910ee357fc68b938aa822ec8d3c52b180126c5a031f0af
    Status: Image is up to date for egeoffrey/egeoffrey-notification-mobile:master-arm32v6
    Pulling egeoffrey-gateway (egeoffrey/egeoffrey-gateway:master-arm32v6)...
    master-arm32v6: Pulling from egeoffrey/egeoffrey-gateway
    Digest: sha256:52a1ac109df75df2cc4eab8acfe95f8e6fd0bda75cb15e909ce789038c3cef9f
    Status: Image is up to date for egeoffrey/egeoffrey-gateway:master-arm32v6
    Pulling egeoffrey-notification-smtp (egeoffrey/egeoffrey-notification-smtp:master-arm32v6)...
    master-arm32v6: Pulling from egeoffrey/egeoffrey-notification-smtp
    Digest: sha256:4df1cf8eccd9e8b57237a877d3ef2e83427554a18d6fca3d581183ec7d06a63b
    Status: Image is up to date for egeoffrey/egeoffrey-notification-smtp:master-arm32v6
    Pulling egeoffrey-service-mqtt (egeoffrey/egeoffrey-service-mqtt:master-arm32v6)...
    master-arm32v6: Pulling from egeoffrey/egeoffrey-service-mqtt
    Digest: sha256:a4f2b04428ad1fde21b0d8abd108a347db52ac7dd5ea3c885a20744f5873fd20
    Status: Image is up to date for egeoffrey/egeoffrey-service-mqtt:master-arm32v6
    pi@raspberrypi:~/egeoffrey $ sudo egeoffrey-cli start
    egeoffrey_egeoffrey-service-mqtt_1 is up-to-date
    egeoffrey_egeoffrey-controller_1 is up-to-date
    egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gui_1 is up-to-date
    egeoffrey_egeoffrey-service-fcc_weather_1 is up-to-date
    egeoffrey_egeoffrey-database_1 is up-to-date
    egeoffrey_egeoffrey-notification-mobile_1 is up-to-date
    egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gateway_1 is up-to-date
    egeoffrey_egeoffrey-notification-smtp_1 is up-to-date
    pi@raspberrypi:~/egeoffrey $ sudo egeoffrey-cli stop
    Stopping egeoffrey_egeoffrey-notification-smtp_1 ... done
    Stopping egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gateway_1 ... done
    Stopping egeoffrey_egeoffrey-service-fcc_weather_1 ... done
    Stopping egeoffrey_egeoffrey-controller_1 ... done
    Stopping egeoffrey_egeoffrey-notification-mobile_1 ... done
    Stopping egeoffrey_egeoffrey-database_1 ... done
    Stopping egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gui_1 ... done
    Stopping egeoffrey_egeoffrey-service-mqtt_1 ... done
    Removing egeoffrey_egeoffrey-notification-smtp_1 ... done
    Removing egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gateway_1 ... done
    Removing egeoffrey_egeoffrey-service-fcc_weather_1 ... done
    Removing egeoffrey_egeoffrey-controller_1 ... done
    Removing egeoffrey_egeoffrey-notification-mobile_1 ... done
    Removing egeoffrey_egeoffrey-database_1 ... done
    Removing egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gui_1 ... done
    Removing egeoffrey_egeoffrey-service-mqtt_1 ... done
    Removing network egeoffrey_egeoffrey
    pi@raspberrypi:~/egeoffrey $ sudo egeoffrey-cli start
    Creating network "egeoffrey_egeoffrey" with driver "bridge"
    Creating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-service-mqtt_1 ...
    Creating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-controller_1 ...
    Creating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gui_1 ...
    Creating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-service-fcc_weather_1 ...
    Creating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-database_1 ...
    Creating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-notification-mobile_1 ...
    Creating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gateway_1 ...
    Creating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-notification-smtp_1 ...

And than nothing is happening anymore. It just hangs.
    I did a reboot but than the complaints about updating popped up again.

• @eporocrail the popup regarding the update available may be unrelated to the other issue you see. If after the reboot everything is working and you can see running the latest versions (for controller in "eGeoffrey" / "Modules", for the gui at the bottom of the web page), this means everything is good. Let me know if this is the case

• @user2684

I went into a rule to change it. It was still the old version.

• @user2684

I tried to access the "local" house. The GUI is the new version. Clicking on the top left arrow to login, the login screen pops up. Under "saved connection" I can select the one I am looking for. I insert user and the password. The screen stays blank.

I tried the same with the remote one. After clicking top left arrow the same is happening. So I suppose there is updated also something.

• Ok let me try to summarize:

1. The one which hangs it is a docker related thing, not sure if because or resources or anything else. Probably I should recommend to stop and start but if after reboot works, all good, just let me know if will happen again
    2. The new version available banner, I've noticed could happen when switching across versions. If happen again after stopping and starting let me know since should go away
    3. Not sure I understood the blank screen issue. You mean after logging out and trying to login again after clicking on the login button the screen turns blank or something different? Would you mind looking at the browser console (F12 in chrome) to see if there is any error message showing up there?

Thanks

• @user2684
    I unplugged both raspi and started them again.
    I do have access to the "remote". I do not have access to the "local". After logging-in the webpage stays blank, nothing is displayed.
    I did make a screenshot of both. I will try to attach them.
    On the one from the remote you can see that in the "trigger" column an error is visible.

RemoteHouse.jpg

LocalHouse.jpg

In Firefox with shift F12 I could find the following info:(/assets/uploads/files/1594198106372-remotehouse.jpg)(/assets/uploads/files/1594198105991-localhouse.jpg)

Layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If stylesheets are not yet loaded this may cause a flash of unstyled content. jquery.min.js:2:52140
    This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. 192.168.2.104
    Password fields present on an insecure (http://) page. This is a security risk that allows user login credentials to be stolen. 192.168.2.104
    [08/07/2020 10:43:34][gui/guest_30363] INFO: Starting module module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:35][gui/guest_30363] INFO: Connected to eGeoffrey gateway 192.168.2.104:443 module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:35][gui/guest_30363] WARNING: received message for the wrong house onshuis: Message(controller/config -> /: CONF house v1: {"latitude":51.54,"name":"Ons huis","language":"en","units":"metric","timezone":1,"longitude":4.47} [1233260912]) module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:35][gui/guest_30363] WARNING: received message for the wrong house onshuis: Message(controller/config -> /: CONF gui/settings v2: {"map_api_key":null,"default_page":"__welcome","check_for_updates":true} [822739306]) module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:35][gui/guest_30363] WARNING: received message for the wrong house onshuis: Message(controller/config -> /: CONF gui/charts v1: {"master":{"title":{"text":""},"yAxis":{"minorGridLineWidth":0,"gridLineWidth":0,"title":" ","plotLines":[],"opposite":true},"chart":{},"tooltip":{"shared":true},"credits":{"enabled":false},"plotOptions":{"bar":{"pointWidth":10,"dataLabels":{"enabled":true}},"arearange":{"color":"#7cb5ec","lineWidth":1,"fillOpacity":0.2},"flags":{"color":"gray","useHTML":true,"allowPointSelect":false},"spline":{"marker":{"enabled":true},"lineWidth":3,"dataLabels":{"borderColor":"#AAA","y":40,"borderWidth":1,"backgroundColor":"rgba(252, 255, 197, 0.7)","borderRadius":5,"enabled":true}},"columnrange":{"shadow":false,"dataLabels":{"enabled":true},"pointWidth":10,"grouping":false}},"xAxis":{},"rangeSelector":{"selected":0},"legend":{"enabled":true}},"timeseries_min_max":{"chart":{"inverted":true},"xAxis":{"tickWidth":0,"type":"datetime","dateTimeLabelFormats":{"day":"%A"},"gridLineWidth":0},"template":"master"},"timeseries_timeline":{"chart":{"zoomType":"x","type":"spline"},"xAxis":{"tickWidth":0,"type":"datetime","gridLineWidth":0},"template":"master"},"timeseries_summary":{"series":[{"color":"rgb(169,255,150)","pointWidth":18,"name":"Yesterday","dataLabels":{"enabled":false}},{"color":"#7cb5ec","pointWidth":10,"name":"Today","dataLabels":{"enabled":true}}],"chart":{"type":"columnrange","inverted":true},"xAxis":{"type":"datetime","categories":[]},"template":"master"}} [2023697771]) module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:35][gui/guest_30363] WARNING: received message for the wrong house onshuis: Message(controller/config -> /: CONF gui/users v1: {"admin":{"fullname":"Administrator","password":"admin","icon":"user-shield"},"ellard":{"fullname":"Postma","password":"1pkwdrt8","icon":"blind"},"guest":{"fullname":"Guest","icon":"user"}} [3589380128]) module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:35][gui/guest_30363] WARNING: received message for the wrong house onshuis: Message(controller/config -> /: CONF gui/groups v1: {"egeoffrey_admins":["admin","ellard"],"guests":["guest"],"house_admins":["admin","ellard"]} [2810032899]) module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:39][gui/guest_30363] INFO: Stopping module... module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:40][gui/guest_30363] INFO: Stopping module... module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:44][gui/ellard_47975] INFO: Starting module module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:45][gui/ellard_47975] INFO: Connected to eGeoffrey gateway 192.168.2.104:443 module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:45][gui/ellard_47975] WARNING: received message for the wrong house onshuis: Message(controller/config -> /: CONF house v1: {"latitude":51.54,"name":"Ons huis","language":"en","units":"metric","timezone":1,"longitude":4.47} [1233260912]) module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:45][gui/ellard_47975] WARNING: received message for the wrong house onshuis: Message(controller/config -> /: CONF gui/settings v2: {"map_api_key":null,"default_page":"__welcome","check_for_updates":true} [822739306]) module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:45][gui/ellard_47975] WARNING: received message for the wrong house onshuis: Message(controller/config -> /: CONF gui/charts v1: {"master":{"title":{"text":""},"yAxis":{"minorGridLineWidth":0,"gridLineWidth":0,"title":" ","plotLines":[],"opposite":true},"chart":{},"tooltip":{"shared":true},"credits":{"enabled":false},"plotOptions":{"bar":{"pointWidth":10,"dataLabels":{"enabled":true}},"arearange":{"color":"#7cb5ec","lineWidth":1,"fillOpacity":0.2},"flags":{"color":"gray","useHTML":true,"allowPointSelect":false},"spline":{"marker":{"enabled":true},"lineWidth":3,"dataLabels":{"borderColor":"#AAA","y":40,"borderWidth":1,"backgroundColor":"rgba(252, 255, 197, 0.7)","borderRadius":5,"enabled":true}},"columnrange":{"shadow":false,"dataLabels":{"enabled":true},"pointWidth":10,"grouping":false}},"xAxis":{},"rangeSelector":{"selected":0},"legend":{"enabled":true}},"timeseries_min_max":{"chart":{"inverted":true},"xAxis":{"tickWidth":0,"type":"datetime","dateTimeLabelFormats":{"day":"%A"},"gridLineWidth":0},"template":"master"},"timeseries_timeline":{"chart":{"zoomType":"x","type":"spline"},"xAxis":{"tickWidth":0,"type":"datetime","gridLineWidth":0},"template":"master"},"timeseries_summary":{"series":[{"color":"rgb(169,255,150)","pointWidth":18,"name":"Yesterday","dataLabels":{"enabled":false}},{"color":"#7cb5ec","pointWidth":10,"name":"Today","dataLabels":{"enabled":true}}],"chart":{"type":"columnrange","inverted":true},"xAxis":{"type":"datetime","categories":[]},"template":"master"}} [2023697771]) module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:45][gui/ellard_47975] WARNING: received message for the wrong house onshuis: Message(controller/config -> /: CONF gui/users v1: {"admin":{"fullname":"Administrator","password":"admin","icon":"user-shield"},"ellard":{"fullname":"Postma","password":"1pkwdrt8","icon":"blind"},"guest":{"fullname":"Guest","icon":"user"}} [3589380128]) module.js:90:41
    [08/07/2020 10:43:45][gui/ellard_47975] WARNING: received message for the wrong house onshuis: Message(controller/config -> /: CONF gui/groups v1: {"egeoffrey_admins":["admin","ellard"],"guests":["guest"],"house_admins":["admin","ellard"]} [2810032899]) module.js:90:41

• @user2684

The banner is still popping-up in the "remote".

In the rule I could set Suppress. So it is the updated version.

• @eporocrail mmm sounds like it is connecting but receiving messages from a different house (onshuis), I couldn't reproduce the problem. Are you sure you are connected to the right gateway / house combination? Something else you may want to do is when logging in check the "Enable Debug" checkbox in Advanced on the login screen, you should see more detailed logs in the browser console to share. Hope this is not a blocking issue for you

• @user2684
    I did a new install for the local house.
    Some observations:
    During installation a space in the name of the house is not accepted, which is OK.
    After installation the name of the house is not the one I inserted during installation.
    Not a biggy. I just inserted it again. Added a new user.

Left the house and went back with the IP-address. Worked OK.

Than I went to the remote house. Was able to enter the house. Left and went with the IP-address again to the local one. Worked OK.

But the fast switching is not working. Only the data of the house I am in at that moment are available in the pull-down "To".

I am going to finish the local house with the extra modules and do another test series. I'll let you know the results.

• @user2684

At the moment I have problems to generate the menu structure.

When I make a new section nothing happens. I tried several times with and without cache deleting. It makes no difference. I am working with Firefox. Safari is piss poor.

• @user2684

I tried again. logged-in as admin after delete history. The button to edit the menu items is not showing up.

Not possible to create menu.

• @user2684
    Another day, new chances.
    I did a new installation. The menu edit button is available again, but using it has no effect.

The only thing I can think of is to do a complete clean install raspi OS included.
    Let's give it a try.

• During installation a space in the name of the house is not accepted, which is OK.

Correct, the setup process should tell you about that and ask again till the format is valid.

After installation the name of the house is not the one I inserted during installation.

This is not something I could reproduce. after a fresh installation, if I open the .env file which is the one storing this information, I see EGEOFFREY_ID set to the provided input. Is it not the case there?

But the fast switching is not working. Only the data of the house I am in at that moment are available in the pull-down "To".

At the first login (as guest), nothing should appear in the pull down menu. After logging out and login again you should get the newly added connection if the "remember me" is selected. Logging out and in again with different credentials, the additional connection should show up. I tried multiple times and this is what I get, wonder why I cannot reproduce it 😕

The blank screen instead that you mentioned last time, that one I was able to reproduce it and happens when logging in with the wrong house id.

At the moment I have problems to generate the menu structure.

Do you see the edit menu button? In one of my test did not show up but when it did everything was working fine. Also check the logs with the cli to see if there is any error there showing up while saving the file (permission problem?). Just to understand if the problem is the edit menu not showing or also not working.

The only thing I can think of is to do a complete clean install raspi OS included.

I'd rather avoid this step since eGeoffrey does not touch the OS at all since everything is contenerized, a new install is the same as a new OS reinstall. I see a similar issue with the menu edit button so probably is on my side, if you confirm the points above I'm sure can be fixed easily. Thanks!

• @user2684

I just did a complete reinstall including Raspi OS and guess.

The menu button is available and I just managed to create the menu structure I need.

I am busy getting the heartbeat up and running. Mqtt is there already. When the heartbeat is working the smtp is the last one.

I'l let you know how things are proceeding.

• @eporocrail After a good amount of attempts I found the issue with the edit menu button. Actually, after being logged in as a guest user and logging in as admin the menu edit button is now showing until the page is refreshed. If you login directly as admin it will show up, if switching from a guest to an admin you get the problem unless you manually refresh the page. It will be an easy fix, thanks for pointing it out: https://github.com/egeoffrey/egeoffrey-gui/issues/52

• @user2684
    In Firefox the fast switching is still not working. As admin going to website and closing browser several times to both houses still only the data of the house I am at that moment.

Than I gave Safari another try. The pul-down "Go To" was not available ???????

• @user2684

The new version message is still popping-up.

• @user2684

I checked again that Firefox is NOT deleting data automatically when it is shut down.

• OK thanks, I'll give a try with both firefox and safari to confirm.