Users being thrown out

• When I tried to log-in this morning credentials where wrong. As admin it worked.
    Going to the user screen, only admin and guest where there.
    Could see you have been working on the input form. It reads now "Add user" instead of "New user".

At the moment it is NOT possible to add any user.
    Apparently inserting and saving the data is working OK but after a while when the data on the screen are updated, the new data are gone.

Also after adding the user, going to add him to a group: after going back to user screen: user gone.

Your action please.

• @eporocrail said in Users being thrown out:

Could see you have been working on the input form. It reads now "Add user" instead of "New user".

Yes, I did update just the label in the latest update as per your suggestion.

Apparently inserting and saving the data is working OK but after a while when the data on the screen are updated, the new data are gone.

Mmm I couldn't reproduce the problem. I guess you did click on "Save" after adding the user right? Even after refreshing with the browser the page the user is not there?

Thanks

• @user2684
    I deleted the history. I used Safari (still some weird things, I do not like Mac anymore) I used Firefox.

Update screen with new data --> data gone.
    New user --> add to group --> back to user screen --> no new user.

Tried to login with new user. ERROR credentials.

Something is not working quite well at the moment.

• @eporocrail I tried multiple times but I still have it working. Let me list step by step.

• I go to the user screen, click on "Add User", write down a username and click ok
    • Fill in name and icon and click on "Save"
    • Go to the group screen, select group, click on "Add User", fill in the username and click on "Save"

If you still have a different behaviour would you mind having a look at the latest lines of egeoffrey-cli logs egeoffrey-controller once saved the new user/group just in case there is any error showing up there?

Thanks

• @user2684
    I did an eGeoffrey stop and start to get a clean log.

Now it is OK.

Adding new user and adding the new user to a group is OK.

Weird, but don't fight the problem.

• Ok, good! Next time it will happen give an eye at the logs to ensure there is no errors, the configuration files are correctly saved and the configuration reloaded, something like

egeoffrey-controller_1  | [2020-07-01 09:38:24][controller/config] INFO: Saved configuration file gui/users (v1)
    egeoffrey-controller_1  | [2020-07-01 09:38:29][controller/config] INFO: Configuration successfully published