Accessing sensor pages

• As I see it right now there is only one way to access a page with sensors.

A page is created and only accessible via its name. This name is linked to a "menu item"

To edit a page the page is selected via the menu item.

But what happens when one makes a mistake when the page is given a name?
    After saving that page it seems that that page sits somewhere without being accessible.

Would it be advisable to create a second way to select a page which one would like to edit?

A way could be to introduce a pull-down menu containing all pages to select a page for editing or deleting.

• @eporocrail wonder if the "eGeoffrey" / "Advanced Editor" comes in handy with this. There you will see any configuration item and you can delete it if needed even if not accessible otherwise. Or is it more a usability thing? (e.g. it is not handy that for creating a page you need to open an existing one). Thanks

• @user2684
    The use of the "advanced editor", what one can do with it and how is not very obvious.

If it was possible to have a way to find and edit/delete all pages (especially the one's which are not linked to a menu item) on the web-page it would be more in line with using eGeoffrey the user is just a little bit used to.

I myself am not comfortable with the idea that trash is sitting somewhere in de DB without having a way to clean it up.

• The use of the "advanced editor", what one can do with it and how is not very obvious.

Got it. I was pointing to the advanced editor because right now is the only way for deleting pages which are not linked so not visibile from the web interface if you don't want to delete the corresponding file from the filesystem. Must be also said if a page is created and not linked it is not consuming any resource, just sitting there unused. What I can take away from this and other comment is that the process for customizing the web interface is not easy enough and should be streamlined, is it fair? If so I probably need to re-think that part of the process entirely. Thanks

• @user2684
    I am not of the opinion that you should change the process to customise the web interface. I think it is logic and well structured. The only thing is that in the process I made a mistake with the name of a page and saved it. I was looking to a way to find it and change the mistake. This I was not able to do.

That was all. As far as I am concerned, leave the rest as is.

I think I will have a look at the advanced editor and see what use it is.

• @eporocrail said in Accessing sensor pages:

I am not of the opinion that you should change the process to customise the web interface. I think it is logic and well structured. The only thing is that in the process I made a mistake with the name of a page and saved it. I was looking to a way to find it and change the mistake. This I was not able to do.

Ok thanks. So the point to improve is an easier access to existing pages for editing deleting right?

• @user2684

Yes, that is right

I don't know if it is feasible but a kind of pull-down menu with all available pages could maybe help here, if unlinked pages would appear in this menu also.