External access to eGeoffrey

• @user2684

I am trying to access the main system remotely. First try no success. Now I am upgrading/updating. Some changes were done. Now "start".

I am now waiting more than five minutes.

pi@raspberrypi:~/egeoffrey $ sudo egeoffrey-cli start
    Recreating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gateway_1 ... 
    Recreating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-service-mqtt_1 ... 
    Recreating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-notification-mobile_1 ... 
    Recreating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-notification-smtp_1 ... 
    Recreating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-database_1 ... 
    Recreating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-controller_1 ... 
    Recreating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-gui_1 ... 
    Recreating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-service-fcc_weather_1 ... 
    Recreating egeoffrey_egeoffrey-database_1 ... done

I'll try what a reboot does.

• f this is confirmed, it is a no go and I would need to figure out something completely different

looks like the cloud gateway was not configured with the right mqtt bridge protocol version, after doing so at least here the warnings went away. Fiuu, back on track

• @user2684

I am logged-in remotely in my live system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So to put it together:

Every user who makes an account has as default the possibility to manage two houses remotely. One using the account username and one using the account email address, both times using the account password.

Congratulations again!

• @user2684

I logged in on the test system also.
    Fast switching is working also.

GREAT!

• IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovely! Luckily the loop detection is working now, without it we were in real troubles...

Every user who makes an account has as default the possibility to manage two houses remotely. One using the account username and one using the account email address, both times using the account password.

Technically speaking yes but not the most user friendly option (which house is which?). Officially I'd say one user one house, if someone needs an additional house, has to register another user. The username + email trick will continue to work but I will not mention it in the official documentation. In the future I will add more flexibility but this requires some demanding customization it is not worth of it now.

• @user2684

Which house can be retrieved from de egeoffrey-cli summary.
    Next to that after first log-in on both houses it is in the GoTo pulldown menu.

It might not be the bright and shining way you envision but for me it's quite clever and working well.

• @user2684

As my wive said: managing the holiday home world-wide is working right now. Now the only missing thing is the holiday home.

• Which house can be retrieved from de egeoffrey-cli summary.

The summary shows you the house you have configured locally. It is the one used for connecting to the cloud gateway. This may completely unrelated to the one saved in the gui. The gui as said is stateless and can point anywhere. Saved connections are stored in the browser.

As my wive said: managing the holiday home world-wide is working right now. Now the only missing thing is the holiday home.

Ahah nice one, unfortunately this is not something I can be of much help 😛

• Just to finish up the work, I've updated the following page with step by step instructions:

And added the following which are related:

• @user2684

I like it.