My general sensor system

• @user2684

Because we are talking about email notifications I think it would be enough when each rule sends an alert only a small number of times (let the user decide on the exact number). I myself would go for some odd three times for each separate rule.
    The limitations on the amount per hour could be not to good when set a little low and several sensors are triggering.
    I would prefer the amount per rule and leave the limitations per notification module as is. Maybe somebody else has any use for it.

• @eporocrail understand makes sense, just help me in understanding which is from your point of view the best way to have this applied at the rule level. Maximum message for which timeframe? Thanks!

• @user2684

I do not know if it is feasible but maybe via "edit rule" a button to reset the counter.

• @user2684 said in My general sensor system:

Provide to me offline via chat

I have no idea where to find it.

• @user2684

Today I have been playing around with a light level and UV level sensor. I managed to finish the software for my decoder. That means that the messages are entering eGeoffrey. It is a charm to implement it in eGeoffrey. The more experience I gain the more I get to like eGeoffrey!!!!

• @user2684

Is this the "chat function" ??

• I do not know if it is feasible but maybe via "edit rule" a button to reset the counter.

I guess this is something feasible. So basically something like X maximum notifications from this rule per hour with the possibility to reset the counter, right?

Today I have been playing around with a light level and UV level sensor. I managed to finish the software for my decoder. That means that the messages are entering eGeoffrey. It is a charm to implement it in eGeoffrey. The more experience I gain the more I get to like eGeoffrey!!!!

Glad to hear that. Probably the getting started is a bit steep but happy to hear you like the flexibility there. I will try to publish some more HOW TOs, hope this can be helpful as well.

So basically something like X maximum notifications from this rule per hour with the possibility to reset the counter, right?

Sounds good to me.

An alternative (more advanced) would be to edit the docker-compose.yml file in the eGeoffrey directory, identify the entry for the MySensors package and under EGEOFFREY_MODULES, removing those you would not need.

@eporocrail we left a while ago with this advanced configuration you preferred not to do (correctly). This is now possible through the updated egeoffrey-cli. The list_installed command also returns a list of configured modules for each installed package and a new set_modules command allows to configure which module to enable for each package (syntax is set_modules <package_name> <comma-separated-list-of-modules>). In this way if a user is willing to prevent a specific module to be even loaded (like the MySensors scenario you described), can do so. I still consider this kind of an advanced configuration so I don't expect users to go under this way but at least if they have to there is no more reason to manually edit docker-compose.yml which is more risky.

• @user2684

We addressed the issue that with me the topic had to begin with "/".

This turned out to be a misunderstanding from my side.

When looking into another problem I discovered that I had introduced the leading "/" myself, while there is no real need to do it.

So just forget this issue.

• @eporocrail said in My general sensor system:

When looking into another problem I discovered that I had introduced the leading "/" myself, while there is no real need to do it.
    So just forget this issue.

Well, there was an issue indeed with the MySensors module actually and even if not completely related this has helped me in identifying it. So was useful anyhow 😉